You are here: Home / Movies / Bad Bunny Trivia | 60 facts about the singer
Bad Bunny, is a Puerto Rican rapper, singer and actor. He recently starred in the movie «Bullet Train» along with other famous actors such as Brad Pitt.
Let’s find out more about Bad Bunny!
- His full name is Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio.
- He was born March 10th, 1994.
- He was born in theAlmirante Surbarrio ofVega Baja, Puerto Rico.
- His father, Tito Martínez, was a truck driver, and his mother, Lysaurie Ocasio, is a retired schoolteacher.
- His mother often listened to salsa, merengue, and ballads.
- He has two younger brothers, Bernie and Bysael.
- As a child, he attended church weekly with his devoutly Catholic mother and sang in the church choir until age 13.
- After leaving the choir, he developed an interest in the artists he heard on the radio, particularlyDaddy YankeeandHéctor Lavoe.
- His stage name came from a time in which the rapper was forced to wear a bunny costume to school and was photographed with an angry expression.
- He is 28 years old.
- He is known professionally asBad Bunny.
- He is from Puerto Rico.
- He’s a rapper, singer and actor.
- His music is defined asLatin trapandreggaeton.
- In 2020, he became the first non-English language act to beSpotify’smost streamed artist of the year.
- Speaking about the Puerto Rican music industry, he stated, “I’m from Vega Baja, a small area that’s not a metropolis like San Juan where the majority of the genre’s artists have come from.”
- He started to write and create his own interpretations at the age of 14,
- In 2013, he began to publish his songs through SoundCloud, including “Get” in 2013, “Tentación” in 2014, “Just let me know” in 2015, among others.
- In 2016, his song “Diles” caught the attention of DJ Luian fromSoundCloudwho signed him to his record label, Hear this Music.
- His single “Soy Peor” reached number 19 on the Hot Latin Songs chart.
- Bad Bunny’s May 2017 collaboration withKarol G, “Ahora Me Llama”, reached number 10 on theBillboardHot Latin Songs chart.
- It was listed on “Alt.Latino’s Favorites: The Songs Of 2017” as one of the best Latin songs of 2017.
- In the summer of 2017, Bad Bunny signed a booking deal with Cardenas Marketing Network (CMN) for several Latin American countries.
- Starting in November 2017, Bad Bunny hostedBeats 1’s first Spanish-language show,Trap Kingz.
- The remix of “Te Boté” withOzunaandNicky Jamreached number one on the Hot Latin Songs chart.
- The rapper met jewelry designer Gabriela Berlingeri in 2017 at a restaurant while dining with his family, and the two began dating soon after.
- Berlingeri became the first Latina to shoot the cover ofRolling Stonewhen she photographed the rapper for the magazine’s May 2020 cover.
- In a 2020 interview with theLos Angeles Times, Bad Bunny stated he sees sexuality asfluid. He said, “At the end of the day, I don’t know if in 20 years I will like a man. One never knows in life. But at the moment I am heterosexual and I like women”.
- Bad Bunny was openly critical towards the lack of humanitarian aid in the wake ofHurricane Maria, which devastated the island of Puerto Rico.
- He established the Good Bunny Foundation, which distributes toys to children living in poverty in Puerto Rico.
- In 2019, he was nominated forTelemundo’s inauguralPremios Tu Música Urbano, in the category of “Humanitarian Award of the Year.”
- On July 22, 2019, Bad Bunny joined artists such asResidente,Ricky Martin, and more than half a million Puerto Ricans in taking the streets and shutting down theLas Américas Expressway, a major highway also known as the Luis A.
- Ferré Highway, in protests against government corruption and demandingRicardo Rosselló’s resignationfrom the office of Governor of Puerto Rico.
- He has not taken a position regarding thestatehood movement in Puerto Rico, and has stated that he would prefer to answer at a later time with more clarity.
- In support ofLGBTrights, Bad Bunny criticized a tweet by reggaeton artistDon Omarconsidered to behomophobic.
- During a performance onThe Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallonin February 2020, he called attention to the murder of transgender woman Alexa Negrón Luciano in Puerto Rico by wearing a shirt with the words “They Killed Alexa. Not a Man in a Skirt.”, referencing news reports that hadmisgenderedthe victim.
- Ricky Martin has stated that Bad Bunny “has become an icon for the Latin queer community” due to his outspoken support of gay and transgender Latinos as well as his embrace of drag culture.
- During theWWEannualRoyal Rumbleheld on January 31, 2021,he performed his song “Booker T” live, which also had an appearance bythe former wrestler of the same name.
- He began appearing on WWE’s weekly television show,Monday Night Raw.
- WrestlerDamian Priest, a fellow Puerto Rican, allied with Bad Bunny and helped him win theWWE 24/7 ChampionshipfromAkira Tozawaon the February 15 episode of Raw.
- On the March 15 episode ofRaw, Bad Bunny relinquished the 24/7 Championship toR-Truthin exchange forStone Cold Steve Austinmemorabilia, ending his reign of 28 days.
- On January 29, 2022, at theRoyal Rumble, Bad Bunny returned to WWE, competing in the men’s Royal Rumble match. He eliminatedSheamusandDolph Zigglerand lasted until the final 5, when he was eliminated by the eventual winner,Brock Lesnar.
- He loves to interact with his fans through his social media accounts, which is quite rare for this type of artist.
- Although not many people believed in Bad Bunny’s talent when he started sliding, he has more than 9 million followers on Instagram and one million followers on Twitter.
- He grew up speaking both Spanish and English.
- Bad Bunny released his debut album X100pre back on June 17th, 2017.
- The record was considered to be the most downloaded digital album on iTunes thanks to songs like “Solo de Mí”, “Tu No Metes Cabra”, and “Diles”.
- This album was quickly followed by his second album Oasis which was released in 2018.
- Bad Bunny stands at only 5’6″.
- He weighs just 168 pounds.
- He made history by becoming the first Latin artist to appear on the cover of Rolling Stones magazine.
- One of the most famous people he has collaborated with isDrakefor his song Mia.
- He has won a Billboard Music Award. Bad Bunny was awarded the prestigious American award for being one of the best Latin artists of 2018 thanks to his collaboration with DJ Snake, Cardi B, and J Balvin on their single “I Like It”.
- Bad Bunny’s favorite food is rice and beans since it was what his family always ate while growing up in Puerto Rico.
- His least favourite food is anything italian.
- Bad Bunny is among the ten highest-paid Latin artists in 2018, according to Forbes magazine.
- He also became one of the first singers who commanded record labels to pay him for his artistic work, not only for his songs.
- Although he never received a degree, Bad Bunny has actually taken some college classes in audiovisual communication at The University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo.
- In February 2020, Bad Bunny performed as a guest during the Superbowl LIV halftime show.
- Bad Bunny has many tattoos, but one in particular that stands out is the Puerto Rican flag tattooed on his calf. He also has a “lucky number 7”, which he said was because when he was young his favorite number to play in soccer with was 7 and it worked out pretty well for him. The other numbers were 6 and 9 which are symbols for Jesus and Mary respectively so he didn’t want those two numbers combined.
Did you like this entry?
You can now subscribe to our weekly newsletter, full with useless (yet amazing) trivia, facts, news and knowledge. It's free!
Got anything to add?
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.